Kisangani : the end. Here you stop. Can’t go on. No more roads. No railway. No more airports. Even the river stops bing navigable. From now on, only the forest. And the river. Congo river. Small boats only.
What a place.
Here is Wikipedia: “Kisangani /kiːsəŋˈɡɑːni/ (formerly Stanleyville) is the capital of Orientale Province in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It is the third largest urbanized city in the country and the largest of the cities that lie in the tropical woodlands of the Congo.”
Henry Morton Stanley founded Stanley Falls Station in 1883, on the Island of Wana Rusari in the Congo River near the present town of Kisangani. During the mid-19th century the area was inhabited by a native Congolese tribe known as the Clans of Enya, who had usedWagenia Falls (formerly, Stanley Falls) for fishing. The island is located a few meters from the shore site of the present town on the Lualaba River its 7 falls spread over 100 km between Kisangani and Ubundu.